Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Coach K To Miss 4 Weeks - Back Surgery

Coach K To Miss 4 Weeks - Back Surgery 2 months 3 weeks ago #237477

  • Section9
  • Section9's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 1048
  • Thank you received: 382
  • Karma: 8
JohnnyFan wrote:
Paultzman wrote:
It never ends;

Jon Rothstein – Verified account ‏@JonRothstein

NCAA: Selection Committee will take Coach K's absence into account for NCAA Tournament seed. STORY @FanRagSports: bit.ly/2j13015

Add another example to the list of reasons that people (including me) can't stand Duke.

.....and UNC for that matter.

or the ville.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan

Coach K To Miss 4 Weeks - Back Surgery 2 months 3 weeks ago #237480

  • Enright
  • Enright's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 512
  • Thank you received: 215
  • Karma: 9
I guess that locks up a one seed with all games in N.C. with ACC refs.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan

Coach K To Miss 4 Weeks - Back Surgery 2 months 3 weeks ago #237481

  • Spocky Ramone
  • Spocky Ramone's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 818
  • Thank you received: 222
  • Karma: 4
L J S A wrote:
I take this to mean that he doesn't think his team will win many games over the next month, so why not bail like he did that other time?
This was my first thought
The Aquamaniac is on sabbatical with Moon Mullins.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Coach K To Miss 4 Weeks - Back Surgery 2 months 3 weeks ago #237482

  • Spocky Ramone
  • Spocky Ramone's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 818
  • Thank you received: 222
  • Karma: 4
Paultzman wrote:
It never ends;

Jon Rothstein – Verified account ‏@JonRothstein

NCAA: Selection Committee will take Coach K's absence into account for NCAA Tournament seed. STORY @FanRagSports: bit.ly/2j13015
Where would we be without the NCAA? I know I would have no moral compass or sense of fairness.
The Aquamaniac is on sabbatical with Moon Mullins.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Coach K To Miss 4 Weeks - Back Surgery 2 months 3 weeks ago #237486

  • Class of 72
  • Class of 72's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 4410
  • Thank you received: 1963
  • Karma: -127
After a strong protest by new AD at St. John's:

Jon Rothstein – Verified account ‏@JonRothstein

NCAA: Selection Committee will take Coach Chris Mullin's inexperience and the absence of Federico Mussini into account for NCAA Tournament seed.
Full story to follow at 10pm on CNN.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaseinyourface, Andrew2

Coach K To Miss 4 Weeks - Back Surgery 2 months 3 weeks ago #237487

  • salty dog
  • salty dog's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 2435
  • Thank you received: 558
  • Karma: -4
Class of 72 wrote:
After a strong protest by new AD at St. John's:

Jon Rothstein – Verified account ‏@JonRothstein

NCAA: Selection Committee will take Coach Chris Mullin's inexperience and the absence of Federico Mussini into account for NCAA Tournament seed.
Full story to follow at 10pm on CNN.


Don't laugh but Lavin stated that if the Johnnie's beat Creighton on Wednesday they have to be brought into the Tournament selection process.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Coach K To Miss 4 Weeks - Back Surgery 2 months 3 weeks ago #237489

  • Desco80
  • Desco80's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 2581
  • Thank you received: 1266
  • Karma: -151
4 weeks? That's nothing.

Lavin would've turned this into a year and a half absence.

Doesn't Duke need a GM out recruiting during this difficult time? Coach K won't be crisscrossing the country on flights to see the latest 3star prospect? Seems like a mistake.
Does Cameron Indoor at least have a skybox so he can schmooze in comfort while his team is embarassed on the court?
And who will take reporters to dinner in Tribeca and feed them stories about the grit and resilience of team they haven't coached in months?

Oh, right .. that crap only happens at St Johns. Other coaches actually coach as soon as they're physically able.
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Desco80.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth

Coach K To Miss 4 Weeks - Back Surgery 2 months 3 weeks ago #237497

  • Amaseinyourface
  • Amaseinyourface's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 2491
  • Thank you received: 1077
  • Karma: 35
Desco80 wrote:
4 weeks? That's nothing.

Lavin would've turned this into a year and a half absence.

Doesn't Duke need a GM out recruiting during this difficult time? Coach K won't be crisscrossing the country on flights to see the latest 3star prospect? Seems like a mistake.
Does Cameron Indoor at least have a skybox so he can schmooze in comfort while his team is embarassed on the court?
And who will take reporters to dinner in Tribeca and feed them stories about the grit and resilience of team they haven't coached in months?

Oh, right .. that crap only happens at St Johns. Other coaches actually coach as soon as they're physically able.

Come on dude. Really
Proud member of the Mullinnial generation.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: plandome4, kranmars, TonyinFairfield, SJU85, OLV72, stjohnnie75, panther2, Andrew2

Coach K To Miss 4 Weeks - Back Surgery 2 months 3 weeks ago #237501

  • Desco80
  • Desco80's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 2581
  • Thank you received: 1266
  • Karma: -151
He took advantage of the situation Mase.
Some people will never be ready to admit that. But it's true.

St Johns paid him millions of dollars to be the coach, and he did everything but coach, including attending our games with Felipe in a suite and traveling to away games.

He avoided what was a tough season on the court. And by his own admission could have coached but felt he was better use to the program at that time as a GM. He said those words.

Numerous coaches have had illnesses, cancer, surgery, or other awful things happen to them unexpectedly during the season. No one else has ever handled it like Lavin did.
I feel sorry for the man that he got sick, but there is a right way to handle going on leave.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.597 seconds