Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Coach K To Miss 4 Weeks - Back Surgery

Coach K To Miss 4 Weeks - Back Surgery 2 months 2 weeks ago #237876

• Tha Kid
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 86
austour wrote:
PS indefinite isn't a very long time apparently but who's surprised, especially given the fact that K is taking this leave due to issues with his spine.

Indefinite by definition is undetermined. In addition to the suspension, his captaincy was stripped from him. Finally, coach k probably wanted any heat for bringing back Grayson to be on him rather than capel so today was the only day he could do it. I am sure he was motivated in part by not wanting capel to have to coach without their best upperclassman but whatever.

The guy tripped someone - in none of the cases did anyone get remotely hurt - it's a bitch move but you don't see Kerr suspending draymond green for similar bitch moves. I'm more disappointed with the sobfest that followed rather than taking it like a man and saying he's disappointed in himself and needs to grow up without the tears flowing.
"I drink and I know things"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Coach K To Miss 4 Weeks - Back Surgery 2 months 2 weeks ago #237990

• austour
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1433
Cank't really disagree with anything you said. Not sure if you've seen this.

theringer.com/coach-k-back-surgery-grays...d5e5966ec#.jk1ib26f5
There have been nearly 3000 Gods so far but only yours actually exists.The others are silly made up nonsense. But not yours. Yours is real.
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by austour.

Coach K To Miss 4 Weeks - Back Surgery 2 months 2 weeks ago #238025

• Andrew2
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1402
Tha Kid wrote:
austour wrote:
PS indefinite isn't a very long time apparently but who's surprised, especially given the fact that K is taking this leave due to issues with his spine.

Indefinite by definition is undetermined. In addition to the suspension, his captaincy was stripped from him. Finally, coach k probably wanted any heat for bringing back Grayson to be on him rather than capel so today was the only day he could do it. I am sure he was motivated in part by not wanting capel to have to coach without their best upperclassman but whatever.

The guy tripped someone - in none of the cases did anyone get remotely hurt - it's a bitch move but you don't see Kerr suspending draymond green for similar bitch moves. I'm more disappointed with the sobfest that followed rather than taking it like a man and saying he's disappointed in himself and needs to grow up without the tears flowing.

Tripping people intentionally has no place in college sports.

Coach K To Miss 4 Weeks - Back Surgery 2 months 2 weeks ago #238026

• Muse
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
That no one got hurt is just luck. Some of us would quit on SJU bb if we had a player do what Allen did and only had a one game suspension. Wins do not justify dirty play
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew2

Coach K To Miss 4 Weeks - Back Surgery 2 months 2 weeks ago #238033

• Tha Kid
  • Senior Boarder
Muse wrote:
That no one got hurt is just luck. Some of us would quit on SJU bb if we had a player do what Allen did and only had a one game suspension. Wins do not justify dirty play

Oh I'm consistent with my teams. I am still a huge Ron artest fan. Sir dom decking someone in a game didn't deter me at all for rooting for him.

But let me guess you stopped rooting for both right? ::eye roll::

If one of our players did what Grayson did, it wouldn't be national news. Unlikely anyone would remember that it happened twice last year besides us. And we'd all support the guy.

Coach K To Miss 4 Weeks - Back Surgery 2 months 2 weeks ago #238035

• Tha Kid
  • Senior Boarder
Andrew2 wrote:
Tha Kid wrote:
austour wrote:

We agree 100 percent. Neither does punching someone out. Neither does going into the stands with fans. Neither does lots of stuff that basketball players do over the course of their careers. The kid is not good enough to consistently be cheap like this and have a long nba career so hopefully he matures. But let's not act like he is the first player ever to take cheap shots three times over the course of a year and not get significantly punished for it (and stripping of us captaincy is fairly significant in my opinion).

Coach K To Miss 4 Weeks - Back Surgery 2 months 2 weeks ago #238038

• Tha Kid
  • Senior Boarder
austour wrote:
Cank't really disagree with anything you said. Not sure if you've seen this.

theringer.com/coach-k-back-surgery-grays...d5e5966ec#.jk1ib26f5

Thanks for sharing and actually know Mike so glad to see you are reading him.

Who knows all the things that went into the decision but tops on any duke supporters mind has nothing to do w Grayson but that this is a perfect showcase for Jeff capel to see if he really deserves to be the heir apparent (he doesn't but if it is going to go to a former player than maybe he does).

Coach K To Miss 4 Weeks - Back Surgery 2 months 2 weeks ago #238045

• austour
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1433
Tha Kid wrote:
Andrew2 wrote:
Tha Kid wrote:
austour wrote:

We agree 100 percent. Neither does punching someone out. Neither does going into the stands with fans. Neither does lots of stuff that basketball players do over the course of their careers. The kid is not good enough to consistently be cheap like this and have a long nba career so hopefully he matures. But let's not act like he is the first player ever to take cheap shots three times over the course of a year and not get significantly punished for it (and stripping of us captaincy is fairly significant in my opinion).

How much is the Duke captaincy worth nowadays? ;)
There have been nearly 3000 Gods so far but only yours actually exists.The others are silly made up nonsense. But not yours. Yours is real.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tha Kid

Coach K To Miss 4 Weeks - Back Surgery 2 months 2 weeks ago #238190

• Paultzman
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14019
CBS Sports CBB – Verified account ‏@CBSSportsCBB

Jay Williams calls out Coach K, ACC for mishandling of Grayson Allen's suspension. cbsprt.co/2j0db2x
Time to create page: 0.536 seconds