Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Coach K To Miss 4 Weeks - Back Surgery

Coach K To Miss 4 Weeks - Back Surgery 9 months 2 weeks ago #237503

• sirvoo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 855
Rats are typically very flexible, surprised he's having back problems
Last Edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by sirvoo.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 88grad

Coach K To Miss 4 Weeks - Back Surgery 9 months 2 weeks ago #237611

• Tha Kid
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 95
JohnnyFan wrote:
Paultzman wrote:
It never ends;

Jon Rothstein – Verified account ‏@JonRothstein

NCAA: Selection Committee will take Coach K's absence into account for NCAA Tournament seed. STORY @FanRagSports: bit.ly/2j13015

Add another example to the list of reasons that people (including me) can't stand Duke.

.....and UNC for that matter.

UNC engaged in mass academic fraud and nothing has happened to them. How is that relevant to Duke?

People here are acting like 1) Coach K has a bad team this year and might want to miss the season (very false) and/or 2) somehow this is similar to UNC or Lville (let's throw in Cuse in there too) where the NCAA doesn't deal with infractions properly OR takes into account missed games due to suspension rather than....health.

In 35+ years the man has had 2 in-season operations, and this is some sort of conspiracy? Wow...
"I drink and I know things"

Coach K To Miss 4 Weeks - Back Surgery 9 months 2 weeks ago #237618

• SJU85
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 786
Tha Kid wrote:
JohnnyFan wrote:
Paultzman wrote:
It never ends;

NCAA: Selection Committee will take Coach K's absence into account for NCAA Tournament seed. STORY @FanRagSports: bit.ly/2j13015

Add another example to the list of reasons that people (including me) can't stand Duke.

UNC engaged in mass academic fraud and nothing has happened to them. How is that relevant to Duke?

People here are acting like 1) Coach K has a bad team this year and might want to miss the season (very false) and/or 2) somehow this is similar to UNC or Lville (let's throw in Cuse in there too) where the NCAA doesn't deal with infractions properly OR takes into account missed games due to suspension rather than....health.

In 35+ years the man has had 2 in-season operations, and this is some sort of conspiracy? Wow...

I took the line about not having a good team as a joke or "tongue in cheek" reference to the last time this happened when he had a "horrible" team and did not come back after surgery. Same for the comments regarding him not expecting to win many games over the next month.(he has a very talented team).

As for as the post regarding "this is one of the reason I hate (or dislike Duke) ", the posting responded to the comment about the Selection Committee taken into account the fact that Coach K missed games. That is more in line with the perception that certain programs always get the benefit of the doubt. This does not necessarily relate to violations or misconduct, either proven or alleged by other programs mentioned (Ville, UNC and Cuse) who many feel get preferential treatment in the media, on the court and in some cases, the NCAA itself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

Coach K To Miss 4 Weeks - Back Surgery 9 months 2 weeks ago #237622

• Tha Kid
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 95
SJU85 wrote:
Tha Kid wrote:
JohnnyFan wrote:
Paultzman wrote:
It never ends;

I took the line about not having a good team as a joke or "tongue in cheek" reference to the last time this happened when he had a "horrible" team and did not come back after surgery. Same for the comments regarding him not expecting to win many games over the next month.(he has a very talented team).

As for as the post regarding "this is one of the reason I hate (or dislike Duke) ", the posting responded to the comment about the Selection Committee taken into account the fact that Coach K missed games. That is more in line with the perception that certain programs always get the benefit of the doubt. This does not necessarily relate to violations or misconduct, either proven or alleged by other programs mentioned (Ville, UNC and Cuse) who many feel get preferential treatment in the media, on the court and in some cases, the NCAA itself.

You could be right, and my bad if so, but between Grayson's indefinite suspension and their recent loss to VT without him, I thought the implication was that he'd miss the month riding out a less than stellar performance while Grayson sits out, Giles still acclimating, etc.

I just hate any comparison which suggests similarities between Duke and UNC...
"I drink and I know things"

Coach K To Miss 4 Weeks - Back Surgery 9 months 2 weeks ago #237624

• SI1996
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 615
Tha Kid wrote:
SJU85 wrote:
Tha Kid wrote:
JohnnyFan wrote:
Paultzman wrote:
It never ends;

You could be right, and my bad if so, but between Grayson's indefinite suspension and their recent loss to VT without him, I thought the implication was that he'd miss the month riding out a less than stellar performance while Grayson sits out, Giles still acclimating, etc.

I just hate any comparison which suggests similarities between Duke and UNC...
They are both in North Carolina :)

Coach K To Miss 4 Weeks - Back Surgery 9 months 2 weeks ago #237746

• austour
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1660
austour wrote:
I took it to mean he didn't want to personally take responsibility for reinstating Allen after only 1 or 2 games. Let the interim coach do that and stay away a couple weeks for plausible deniability.

What'd I tell you. ;)
There have been nearly 3000 Gods so far but only yours actually exists.The others are silly made up nonsense. But not yours. Yours is real.
The following user(s) said Thank You: L J S A

Coach K To Miss 4 Weeks - Back Surgery 9 months 2 weeks ago #237747

• SJU85
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 786
austour wrote:
austour wrote:
I took it to mean he didn't want to personally take responsibility for reinstating Allen after only 1 or 2 games. Let the interim coach do that and stay away a couple weeks for plausible deniability.

What'd I tell you. ;)

But he can't deny it as he is the one who reinstated him and he did it prior to taking his leave of absence.

Coach K To Miss 4 Weeks - Back Surgery 9 months 2 weeks ago #237751

• austour
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
SJU85 wrote:
austour wrote:
austour wrote:

What'd I tell you. ;)

But he can't deny it as he is the one who reinstated him and he did it prior to taking his leave of absence.

Damn, I thought he started his leave after last weekends game. The first article I read which was probably rushed out did not mention whose decision it was to reinstate him nor did it remind me that K hadn't started his leave yet. Oh well.
There have been nearly 3000 Gods so far but only yours actually exists.The others are silly made up nonsense. But not yours. Yours is real.

Coach K To Miss 4 Weeks - Back Surgery 9 months 2 weeks ago #237752

• austour
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
PS indefinite isn't a very long time apparently but who's surprised, especially given the fact that K is taking this leave due to issues with his spine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RM86
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds