Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hire Mike Rice

Hire Mike Rice 8 months 4 days ago #234442

• Chris7
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 200
Hire Mike Rice. He is something this staff needs. Not only intensity, but also college coaching experience.. He worked wonders at Robert Morris with little talent. Something tells me that Mullin respects Rice's intensity.

Hire him understanding it will be his platform to gain a head coach job somewhere within 2 or so years, so be it. Hire him.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hire Mike Rice 8 months 4 days ago #234444

• simplyred
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1295
Chris7 wrote:
Hire Mike Rice. He is something this staff needs. Not only intensity, but also college coaching experience.. He worked wonders at Robert Morris with little talent. Something tells me that Mullin respects Rice's intensity.

Hire him understanding it will be his platform to gain a head coach job somewhere within 2 or so years, so be it. Hire him.

We already complain that the head coach takes a back seat to one of his assistants. Hard to imagine Rice sitting on the bench and letting Mullin run the show.

Hire Mike Rice 8 months 4 days ago #234446

• Chris7
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 200
simplyred wrote:
Chris7 wrote:

We already complain that the head coach takes a back seat to one of his assistants. Hard to imagine Rice sitting on the bench and letting Mullin run the show.

I wouldn't complain if the assistants were actually doing a good job coaching and showing improvement on the team... Have no problem with that principle, so long as the assistant coaches know how to coach. Not the case right now unfortunately.

Hire Mike Rice 8 months 4 days ago #234447

• fun
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1333
Chris7 wrote:

Mike Rice was 16 and 38 in the Big East. Is there someone around who was 17 and 37 and wasn't fired for being a sociopath?
The following user(s) said Thank You: TX Redman, Andrew2, JohnnyFan

Hire Mike Rice 8 months 4 days ago #234448

• simplyred
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
Btw, last night I got around to watching the LIU game on DVR. They did not look bad at all on the offensive end. They weren't perfect but neither were they terrible. The problem was on the defensive end. Also, I read so much criticism of Malik Ellison. I didn't see a mistake from him until the 4:04 mark of the 2nd half when he dribbled into a trap and threw the ball away. Then, near the very end of the game, he drove inside and made a weak pass in the lane that got stolen. What I saw was several excellent drives to the basket.

Hire Mike Rice 8 months 4 days ago #234449

• we are sju
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1712
We still do not have good enough players to properly assess what kind of coach Chris Mullin and his staff are.
We have the worst front court in BE history. Seriously even Norm had Lamont Hamilton. Heck we could use Aaron Spears.

Hire Mike Rice 8 months 4 days ago #234450

• simplyred
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
fun wrote:
Chris7 wrote:

Mike Rice was 16 and 38 in the Big East. Is there someone around who was 17 and 37 and wasn't fired for being a sociopath?

Norm Roberts?

Hire Mike Rice 8 months 4 days ago #234451

• Paul Massell
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2743
Sean Woods
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Hire Mike Rice 8 months 4 days ago #234452

• we are sju
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1712
fun wrote:
Chris7 wrote:

He would have a field day with this team. Hell he could probably beat up everyone except Ahmed, Albimissthreesovich and Evander Holyfield. Everyone else on team would cower in fear of him.
Time to create page: 0.426 seconds