Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: North Carolina Academic Scandal

North Carolina Academic Scandal 6 days 22 hours ago #263509

• dee
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
sjc88 wrote:
The NCAA is basically staying as long as the fraudulent course is "offered" to all students then everything is A-OK. Wow, just wow. What is even worse is that no one should be ok with this. But, somehow nothing will be done. Schools cheating the students, parents who pay for nothing and students who get credit and learn nothing. No wonder many have lost faith in academic institutions.

I wonder how many other students aside from the student athlethes actually took these mystery/non-existent courses? In any event it is just the way the so called elites are treated. What do you think would have happened to a school like St Johns if we were caught is such a scandal? They should have taken away their championships and all games won but they didnt have the nerve to do it. So I guess it is okay for the elite schools to cheat.
Last Edit: 6 days 22 hours ago by dee.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

North Carolina Academic Scandal 6 days 22 hours ago #263511

• bamafan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1410
dee wrote:
sjc88 wrote:
The NCAA is basically staying as long as the fraudulent course is "offered" to all students then everything is A-OK. Wow, just wow. What is even worse is that no one should be ok with this. But, somehow nothing will be done. Schools cheating the students, parents who pay for nothing and students who get credit and learn nothing. No wonder many have lost faith in academic institutions.

I wonder how many other students aside from the student athlethes actually took these mystery/non-existent courses? In any event it is just the way the so called elites are treated. What do you think would have happened to a school like St Johns if we were caught is such a scandal? They should have taken away their championships and all games won but they didnt have the nerve to do it. So I guess it is okay for the elite schools to cheat.
That's exactly why we haven't won a championship, so the bastards can never take it away from us!

North Carolina Academic Scandal 4 days 17 hours ago #263683

• capmaker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 124

North Carolina Academic Scandal 4 days 8 hours ago #263688

• redmanwest
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 156
I have not read the report, and maybe they address this, but the part I don't get is that, unlike regular students, the NCAA has rules pertaining to eligibility and minimum GPA standards for student athletes.

So, why isn't it a violation of those rules to have kids take fake classes. If that's legitimate, then why even have the charade of requiring the kids to take classes at all, besides attaining some fabricated minimum GPA?

I don't understand how they got around that.
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds