Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Michael Chandler (OREGON VERBAL)

Michael Chandler (OREGON VERBAL) 2 years 6 months ago #25104

• Tom in Salem
  • Thank you received: 722
I hate you Mrs. Hewitt.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Michael Chandler (OREGON VERBAL) 2 years 6 months ago #25105

• guru
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 46
 He is a stud! Would be a better get than jakaar IMHO

Michael Chandler (OREGON VERBAL) 2 years 6 months ago #25106

• allnet
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
We wanted him so badly last year . We lost him to Central Florida. That made no sense ?

He is a real super talent and if we do get him , and are able to bring out the best in him, we are really on our way.

Talk about risk/reward.

Michael Chandler had committed to Louisville, Xavier, and finally signed an LOI with Central Florida .He was then declared academically ineligible.

He then prepped somewhere ??

The NCAA freed him from his letter of intent, because he never enrolled at Cent Fla.

I don't understand that rule exception but there were probably extenuating circumstances involved.

If Steve signs him we get the big man of our dreams BUT, as you can see a terrific gamble.

The gamble is worth taking usually but here we are so thin with big men that it becomes really a roll of the dice. If Steve will still not exclude the other big men on his list and the other big men wont be scared away by the emergence of Chandler---lots of ifs.

Also, Steve knows much more about Chandler than we do, so throw that into the pot.

Who ever said that recruiting is easy . . 
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by allnet. Reason: spelling

Michael Chandler (OREGON VERBAL) 2 years 6 months ago #25109

• redmannorth
  • Thank you received: 514
guru wrote:
 He is a stud! Would be a better get than jakaar IMHO

A ridiculous comment, they play different positions.

Michael Chandler (OREGON VERBAL) 2 years 6 months ago #25115

• guru
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 46
 TOuchy touchy.... Just merley stating I personally feel he is a better get! Jakaar is amazing but Chandler is also the real deal..... You do know what IMHO means right?

Michael Chandler (OREGON VERBAL) 2 years 6 months ago #25120

• shamsman2
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
guru wrote:
 TOuchy touchy.... Just merley stating I personally feel he is a better get! Jakaar is amazing but Chandler is also the real deal..... You do know what IMHO means right?

It's just not the talent we need, but maturity also. Look at Renaldo Sidney, would he have been a better get than, Justin Brownlee in the end?

Michael Chandler (OREGON VERBAL) 2 years 6 months ago #25121

• mjmaherjr
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 711
guru wrote:

If we can get Chandler it could have a tremendous impact on us also. Different players but both big time impacts.

Chandler would single handedly address our size issue and he is a big time talent.

The risks of going for him are certainly outweighed by the high reward

Michael Chandler (OREGON VERBAL) 2 years 6 months ago #25122

Tom in Salem wrote:  

Thank you - I do not know if this is a "good character" kid - which is the only type we should recruit - but I do like the fact that our competition are top Bball schools - how far we've come in a few short years under Coach Lavin's reign!
Appreciation promotes health! There is a lot to appreciate about SJU in this new era.

all the best

Michael Chandler (OREGON VERBAL) 2 years 6 months ago #25128

• MCNPA
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 420
 I think he had some immaturity issues. I trust our staff's judgement on it though. Kid is a stud center. Worth the gamble. Lavin is great with these kids. If anybody can get through, it is Lavs.

Michael Chandler (OREGON VERBAL) 2 years 6 months ago #25129

• MJDinkins
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 878
Sherman, Sheridan & Grant wrote:
Tom in Salem wrote:  

Thank you - I do not know if this is a "good character" kid - which is the only type we should recruit - but I do like the fact that our competition are top Bball schools - how far we've come in a few short years under Coach Lavin's reign!
Appreciation promotes health! There is a lot to appreciate about SJU in this new era.

all the best

I guess Tom spilled the beans on the "mystery center." LOL Quite frankly, I'm torn when it comes to Chandler. He's a talented kid, and probably would pay immediate dividends the time he steps on the court. OTOH, I'm not sure he's worth the trouble.

If he has his head screwed on, then it's certainly worth the risk. The question is.... Will he have his head in the right place?
Time to create page: 0.315 seconds