Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Around the Big East

Around the Big East 5 days 10 hours ago #254927

• Amaseinyourface
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1136
mjmaherjr wrote:
it's going to be real important that we play in well out of conference games because league play is going to be a bitch

Gotta get to a position where 10-8 maybe 9-9 gets us in. Touch ooc this year but I am looking forward to it.
Proud member of the Mullinnial generation.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Around the Big East 4 days 23 hours ago #254951

• kranmars
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 1190
Amaseinyourface wrote:
mjmaherjr wrote:
it's going to be real important that we play in well out of conference games because league play is going to be a bitch

Gotta get to a position where 10-8 maybe 9-9 gets us in. Touch ooc this year but I am looking forward to it.

The team made a six game improvement from the year before in conference play. At one point during the season, many were lamenting those OCC losses because it may cost them a NIT bid.

Now, I do not expect an extra six wins in BE during the upcoming season, but I do expect another jump.

With the everyone familiar with each other (the transfers practiced with them) there is no reason this team should not finish 9-9 in conference.

Above all, the kids should have learned to not take an "inferior " opponent lightly. All those wins count in the end. Even Mullin improved from a freshman coach to a sophomore one.

Another reason for optimism is that more often than not, the team played very well at the Garden. Who knows, with an improved roster, they can even pad their win total in the BE tourney.

All things being equal (can't predict injuries), I am confident we will be sitting on pins and needles (needles and pins) next selection Sunday with this group being firmly in the tournament bubble (I am stopping short of predicting if they make it or not).

We are...
The following user(s) said Thank You: 88grad, Paultzman, Class of 72, Knight

Around the Big East 4 days 23 hours ago #254953

• Paultzman
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14952
kranmars wrote:
Amaseinyourface wrote:
mjmaherjr wrote:

The team made a six game improvement from the year before in conference play. At one point during the season, many were lamenting those OCC losses because it may cost them a NIT bid.

Now, I do not expect an extra six wins in BE during the upcoming season, but I do expect another jump.

With the everyone familiar with each other (the transfers practiced with them) there is no reason this team should not finish 9-9 in conference.

Above all, the kids should have learned to not take an "inferior " opponent lightly. All those wins count in the end. Even Mullin improved from a freshman coach to a sophomore one.

Another reason for optimism is that more often than not, the team played very well at the Garden. Who knows, with an improved roster, they can even pad their win total in the BE tourney.

All things being equal (can't predict injuries), I am confident we will be sitting on pins and needles (needles and pins) next selection Sunday with this group being firmly in the tournament bubble (I am stopping short of predicting if they make it or not).

We are...

Nice post! With infusion of some talented new guys, maturation of returnees, dedication by staff & players to playing consistent defense & some luck avoiding injuries of consequence, this team should be in hunt for a NCAA bid. With degree of difficulty so high in BE, have to bring it on both ends of court every game. I also expect us to minimize blowouts & improve greatly on the road. Should be fun.
Last Edit: 4 days 23 hours ago by Paultzman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kranmars, Logen, Andrew2

Around the Big East 4 days 17 hours ago #254971

• Andrew2
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1536
I am hoping Delaware State is on the schedule again. We owe them payback big time. I am guessing they won't be invited back any time soon. Pretty sure the same for St. Thomas Aquinas as an exhibition opponent.
Last Edit: 4 days 17 hours ago by Andrew2.

Around the Big East 4 days 16 hours ago #254974

• austour
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1571
Amaseinyourface wrote:
mjmaherjr wrote:

Use last year's Marquette results as a barometer/target. Would be challenging but not impossible improvement and would likely result in a bid. That's a 3 win improvement in OOC and a 2-3 win improvement in conference. Time will tell. Only 3 teams got at large bids with less than 20 wins last year. All had 19. But a 20 win BE team with at least a .500 conference record should always get a bid.
There have been nearly 3000 Gods so far but only yours actually exists.The others are silly made up nonsense. But not yours. Yours is real.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaseinyourface

Around the Big East 4 days 9 hours ago #254995

• Adam
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 350
Nova picked up 2018 class Brandon Slater. Ranked around #35 nationally.
Time to create page: 0.457 seconds