Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Around the Big East

Around the Big East 1 hour 34 minutes ago #240501

  • SJU61982
  • SJU61982's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 2097
  • Thank you received: 692
  • Karma: -375
Amaseinyourface wrote:
SJU61982 wrote:
Paultzman wrote:
March Madness TV – Verified account ‏@MarchMadnessTV

March Madness extends to February w/ first-ever in-season look at NCAA Tournament bracket, revealed Feb. 11 on CBS bit.ly/2koGBaz

I've always been in favor of something like this, because I believe teams should have an idea of their situation, and the college football playoff show does well every November.

However, revealing the top 16 teams really does nothing. Would rather see "Last Four Byes", "Last Four In", "First Four Out", and "Next Four Out" revealed, instead.

No way! Those are the most exciting parts. NCAA needs to keep people hanging on for those.

I disagree. It's not fun. It's the equivalent of a fighter not knowing what the score is between rounds. We all know he needs a KO, his corner guy's telling him no, and he pays the price for it.

Knowing exactly whose on the bubble would make the regular season (and conference tournament) games involving those teams even more exciting. They're pretty exciting now, but we don't truly know what's at stake, while we are watching them.

Actually, I'd like to see a complete "mock bracket" reveled, every Monday, before the ACC ESPN game. I've been pushing for that for a few years, now. You'd have to use the first place team in the small conferences for the automatic bids, and that can obviously change, and might even change seedings for some of the other teams, so it still would not be definitive, but would give everyone a better idea of where they stand.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Around the Big East 1 hour 29 minutes ago #240503

  • Amaseinyourface
  • Amaseinyourface's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 2438
  • Thank you received: 1048
  • Karma: 33
SJU61982 wrote:
Amaseinyourface wrote:
SJU61982 wrote:
Paultzman wrote:
March Madness TV – Verified account ‏@MarchMadnessTV

March Madness extends to February w/ first-ever in-season look at NCAA Tournament bracket, revealed Feb. 11 on CBS bit.ly/2koGBaz

I've always been in favor of something like this, because I believe teams should have an idea of their situation, and the college football playoff show does well every November.

However, revealing the top 16 teams really does nothing. Would rather see "Last Four Byes", "Last Four In", "First Four Out", and "Next Four Out" revealed, instead.

No way! Those are the most exciting parts. NCAA needs to keep people hanging on for those.

I disagree. It's not fun. It's the equivalent of a fighter not knowing what the score is between rounds. We all know he needs a KO, his corner guy's telling him no, and he pays the price for it.

Knowing exactly whose on the bubble would make the regular season (and conference tournament) games involving those teams even more exciting. They're pretty exciting now, but we don't truly know what's at stake, while we are watching them.

Actually, I'd like to see a complete "mock bracket" reveled, every Monday, before the ACC ESPN game. I've been pushing for that for a few years, now. You'd have to use the first place team in the small conferences for the automatic bids, and that can obviously change, and might even change seedings for some of the other teams, so it still would not be definitive, but would give everyone a better idea of where they stand.

This 'no idea' stuff you mention is what makes college basketball so great. The bracketologists do a good enough job giving everyone an idea.
Proud member of the Mullinnial generation.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: richard steinfeld

Around the Big East 16 minutes ago #240512

  • Spocky Ramone
  • Spocky Ramone's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 685
  • Thank you received: 187
  • Karma: 4
Amaseinyourface wrote:
SJU61982 wrote:
Amaseinyourface wrote:
SJU61982 wrote:
Paultzman wrote:
March Madness TV – Verified account ‏@MarchMadnessTV

March Madness extends to February w/ first-ever in-season look at NCAA Tournament bracket, revealed Feb. 11 on CBS bit.ly/2koGBaz

I've always been in favor of something like this, because I believe teams should have an idea of their situation, and the college football playoff show does well every November.

However, revealing the top 16 teams really does nothing. Would rather see "Last Four Byes", "Last Four In", "First Four Out", and "Next Four Out" revealed, instead.

No way! Those are the most exciting parts. NCAA needs to keep people hanging on for those.

I disagree. It's not fun. It's the equivalent of a fighter not knowing what the score is between rounds. We all know he needs a KO, his corner guy's telling him no, and he pays the price for it.

Knowing exactly whose on the bubble would make the regular season (and conference tournament) games involving those teams even more exciting. They're pretty exciting now, but we don't truly know what's at stake, while we are watching them.

Actually, I'd like to see a complete "mock bracket" reveled, every Monday, before the ACC ESPN game. I've been pushing for that for a few years, now. You'd have to use the first place team in the small conferences for the automatic bids, and that can obviously change, and might even change seedings for some of the other teams, so it still would not be definitive, but would give everyone a better idea of where they stand.

This 'no idea' stuff you mention is what makes college basketball so great. The bracketologists do a good enough job giving everyone an idea.
I predict we will be a 60th seed
The Aquamaniac is on sabbatical with Moon Mullins.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.554 seconds