Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Around the Big East

Around the Big East 8 months 1 week ago #239173

• RedStormRising2
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 159
Way off topic, but SHU and Marq are playing a fun one on FS1 right now.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Around the Big East 8 months 1 week ago #239174

• redken
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1782
Great game. Marquette with the 89-86 OT win. The Hall had a 3-point shot at the buzzer, but it went wide.

Desi Rodriguez with 30 points. Frustrating to watch him since he's the type of local kid we used to land.

That said, if we get only one more BE win, I sure hope it's against Seton Hall. Never liked them, and now that their fans have a really cocky, dismissive attitude toward us, I dislike them even more.
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by redken.

Around the Big East 8 months 1 week ago #239179

• bamafan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1384
redken wrote:
Great game. Marquette with the 89-86 OT win. The Hall had a 3-point shot at the buzzer, but it went wide.

Desi Rodriguez with 30 points. Frustrating to watch him since he's the type of local kid we used to land.

That said, if we get only one more BE win, I sure hope it's against Seton Hall. Never liked them, and now that their fans have a really cocky, dismissive attitude toward us, I dislike them even more.
Hate to say it but some here had the same attitude toward them even with them being over us. May just be a local rivalry thing.

Around the Big East 8 months 1 week ago #239183

• gonzalo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 388
redken wrote:

His list of offers was not very impressive:

n.rivals.com/content/prospects/1729

I have said in another thread: No problem if we recruit some local player only offered by mid-majors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte, Andrew2

Around the Big East 8 months 1 week ago #239185

• Paultzman
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16049
Jeff Goodman – Verified account ‏@GoodmanESPN

Creighton now 16-1 with the lone loss coming against Villanova. Amazing what Greg McDermott has done in the... es.pn/2jaRvE6
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monte

Around the Big East 8 months 1 week ago #239186

• Monte
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3839
gonzalo wrote:
redken wrote:

I have said in another thread: No problem if we recruit some local player only offered by mid-majors.

Agree completely. Between the NY and NJ schools, there are a lot of under-the-radar kids like Rodriquez. Jay Wright was talking the other day about how he originally wound up seeing Josh Hart in HS by accident. He went to a HS game to see another kid and noticed Hart. Hart had not blown up yet so was not well known. Then he got to know the kid and his family and quickly realized that not only could the kid play, but that he was a high quality kid from a high quality family. So he stayed on the kid and eventually landed him. Granted the kid wound up being a top 100 kid when he finished HS, but Wright was on him early. The point I'm making is that if our staff continues to hit the local gyms, we should be able to pick up a few solid kids here and there who are being recruited mostly by mid-majors, but who can be solid 4 year players for us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, redken, gonzalo

Around the Big East 8 months 1 week ago #239198

• usguard
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 563
redmannorth wrote:
For the last time , if CJ wanted to be here he would be here. He wanted to leave to play more ,so he left. Best of luck CJ. Can we please end this discussion if CJ was here. ?

agree

Around the Big East 8 months 1 week ago #239199

• Manhattan1
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
Coaches push people out to open up scholarships and this is probably what happened to Chris. This is very common in college hoops when a new coach takes over. He wants to get his own guys in. It also appeared to have happened to Amar until they realized they would not fill the ship and invited him back. I would not be surprised if this happens to Amar this offseason if nobody transfers.

Chris Definitely would have helped as an additional big body next year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: richard steinfeld

Around the Big East 8 months 1 week ago #239201

• Storm Tracker
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 115
Monte wrote:
gonzalo wrote:
redken wrote:

Agree completely. Between the NY and NJ schools, there are a lot of under-the-radar kids like Rodriquez. Jay Wright was talking the other day about how he originally wound up seeing Josh Hart in HS by accident. He went to a HS game to see another kid and noticed Hart. Hart had not blown up yet so was not well known. Then he got to know the kid and his family and quickly realized that not only could the kid play, but that he was a high quality kid from a high quality family. So he stayed on the kid and eventually landed him. Granted the kid wound up being a top 100 kid when he finished HS, but Wright was on him early. The point I'm making is that if our staff continues to hit the local gyms, we should be able to pick up a few solid kids here and there who are being recruited mostly by mid-majors, but who can be solid 4 year players for us.

yea kid
Time to create page: 0.372 seconds