Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Former Rivals 4 * Derrick Gordon transferring

Former Rivals 4 * Derrick Gordon transferring 2 years 6 months ago #27117

  • otis
  • otis's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 1248
  • Thank you received: 323
  • Karma: -13
The below linked article indicates that former 4 star recruit plans to transfer to a school closer to his home in Plainfield, New Jersey.

Gordon played one season as Western Kentucky where he averaged 11.8 points and 6.7 rebounds per game on his way to earning Third Team All-Sun Belt Conference honors.

Gordon started all 35 games for WKU this season and helped lead WKU to a Sun Belt Tournament title and a berth in the NCAA Tournament, winning its first round fame before being defeated in the second round to eventual champion Kentucky.

He became the first freshman in WKU history to lead the team in scoring since freshmen became eligible in the 1972-73 season.  

LINK:
wkuherald.com/sports/article_66cc57f4-7f...7a-001a4bcf6878.html
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by otis.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gregbodkin

Re: Former Rivals 4 * Derrick Gordon transferring 2 years 6 months ago #27118

  • Happy
  • Happy's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 232
  • Thank you received: 19
  • Karma: 3
otis wrote:
The below linked article indicates that former 4 star recruit plans to transfer to a school closer to his home in Plainfield, New Jersey.

Gordon played one season as Western Kentucky where he averaged 11.8 points and 6.7 rebounds per game on his way to earning Third Team All-Sun Belt Conference honors.

Gordon started all 35 games for WKU this season and helped lead WKU to a Sun Belt Tournament title and a berth in the NCAA Tournament, winning its first round fame before being defeated in the second round to eventual champion Kentucky.

He became the first freshman in WKU history to lead the team in scoring since freshmen became eligible in the 1972-73 season.  

LINK:
wkuherald.com/sports/article_66cc57f4-7f...7a-001a4bcf6878.html
 

Wouldn't be shocked if he wound up at SHU.. He is really good.. Maybe we can get involved somehow .
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Former Rivals 4 * Derrick Gordon transferring 2 years 6 months ago #27120

  • bobo
  • bobo's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 332
  • Thank you received: 51
  • Karma: -5
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Former Rivals 4 * Derrick Gordon transferring 2 years 6 months ago #27132

  • cpavin
  • cpavin's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 43
  • Thank you received: 9
  • Karma: 1
bobo wrote:  


That's a great story. Derrick sounds like a good kid. Hopefully his brother straightens himself out.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Former Rivals 4 * Derrick Gordon transferring 2 years 6 months ago #27138

  • Marillac
  • Marillac's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 2566
  • Thank you received: 867
  • Karma: 11
 6.7 rebounds per game for a 6'2 guard? I don't need to see anything else...the kid competes!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Former Rivals 4 * Derrick Gordon transferring 2 years 6 months ago #27140

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 5907
  • Thank you received: 1079
  • Karma: -6351
Marillac wrote:
 6.7 rebounds per game for a 6'2 guard? I don't need to see anything else...the kid competes!
 

Level of comp has to come in to play, no?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Former Rivals 4 * Derrick Gordon transferring 2 years 6 months ago #27182

  • sirvoo
  • sirvoo's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 574
  • Thank you received: 122
  • Karma: -15
www.hbo.com/documentaries/prayer-for-a-p...2pYUlaayMQIAUmYXOA==

Gordon #32 is featured in this great documentary with michael kidd gilchrist. Kid has a lot of heart and mental toughness from what I remember and watching him sparingly at WKU I could tell he is a leader
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Former Rivals 4 * Derrick Gordon transferring 2 years 6 months ago #27186

  • Marillac
  • Marillac's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 2566
  • Thank you received: 867
  • Karma: 11
Moose wrote:
Marillac wrote:
 6.7 rebounds per game for a 6'2 guard? I don't need to see anything else...the kid competes!
 

Level of comp has to come in to play, no?
 

Probably has a bit to do with it but: he had 13 and 9 against Louisville, 12 and 5 against Kentucky in the tournament, 25 and 8 against St. Joe's, 12 and 4 against VCU, 9 and 5 against VCU the first time, 6 and 9 against Tulsa, and 4 and 5 against LSU. Only 4 and 2 against Murray State, though. Very tough nonconference schedule for WKU. WKU might be the best team nobody know about. Its history is pretty ridiculous
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Former Rivals 4 * Derrick Gordon transferring 2 years 6 months ago #27187

  • Moose
  • Moose's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 5907
  • Thank you received: 1079
  • Karma: -6351
Marillac wrote:
Moose wrote:
Marillac wrote:
 6.7 rebounds per game for a 6'2 guard? I don't need to see anything else...the kid competes!
 

Level of comp has to come in to play, no?
 

Probably has a bit to do with it but: he had 13 and 9 against Louisville, 12 and 5 against Kentucky in the tournament, 25 and 8 against St. Joe's, 12 and 4 against VCU, 9 and 5 against VCU the first time, 6 and 9 against Tulsa, and 4 and 5 against LSU. Only 4 and 2 against Murray State, though. Very tough nonconference schedule for WKU. WKU might be the best team nobody know about. Its history is pretty ridiculous
 

Love a guard that could rebound. Remember Geno had a lot of boards. But he wasn't down low banging with the big boys. The ball was coming off the rim towards him. Hate saying it but sometimes boards are overrated stat unless you sit there watching every game to see just how they are grabbing them.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Former Rivals 4 * Derrick Gordon transferring 2 years 6 months ago #27190

  • Marillac
  • Marillac's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 2566
  • Thank you received: 867
  • Karma: 11
Moose wrote:
Marillac wrote:
Moose wrote:
Marillac wrote:
 6.7 rebounds per game for a 6'2 guard? I don't need to see anything else...the kid competes!
 

Level of comp has to come in to play, no?
 

Probably has a bit to do with it but: he had 13 and 9 against Louisville, 12 and 5 against Kentucky in the tournament, 25 and 8 against St. Joe's, 12 and 4 against VCU, 9 and 5 against VCU the first time, 6 and 9 against Tulsa, and 4 and 5 against LSU. Only 4 and 2 against Murray State, though. Very tough nonconference schedule for WKU. WKU might be the best team nobody know about. Its history is pretty ridiculous
 

Love a guard that could rebound. Remember Geno had a lot of boards. But he wasn't down low banging with the big boys. The ball was coming off the rim towards him. Hate saying it but sometimes boards are overrated stat unless you sit there watching every game to see just how they are grabbing them.
 
True, guard rebound numbers can be inflated by things like playing in a zone, playing on a team that jacks a ton of threes, and playing for a really poor shooting team. It's pretty tough to inflate to 6.7 a game though. That kid is more likely than not just out-working and out-hustling guys to loose balls and 50/50's. I love kids like that. The extra possessions are huge.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.302 seconds