Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Any more talk of moe staying or going?

Re: Any more talk of moe staying or going? 2 years 6 months ago #26035

• BOB BARKER
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
DIDN'T RON ARTEST PLAY 2 YRS?...ALSO,THE NCAAs NIT have not ended...when they do,expect the top players to declare...that will knock moe down a few slots...IF HE'S NOT A LOTTERY PICK,THEN THE PRICE IS NOT RIGHT............................................................................................................................................................ 
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Any more talk of moe staying or going? 2 years 6 months ago #26041

• JackofVirginia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 129
theScarf wrote:
Zags article about NBA scouts looking for Dion Waiters to declare for the draft. Saying he's a top 20. It's likely gonna get even more crowded. I'm sure Fab Melo will declare as well.

www.zagsblog.com/2012/03/23/after-nearly...now-targeted-by-nba/

Supposedly, the Phoenix Suns hope Beal from Florida declares; they desparately need a shooter.

Re: Any more talk of moe staying or going? 2 years 6 months ago #26049

• fuchsia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 86
 I think Nets have three first round picks and a first year in Brooklyn that will have its own energy. Moe as their last first rounder, particularly with his youth and upside, may make sense for them. 
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by fuchsia. Reason: typo

Re: Any more talk of moe staying or going? 2 years 6 months ago #26055

• dee
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 79
 Moe has declared that he wants to go into the draft. Is it possible for him to withdraw that declaration? If so up to what point can he do it?

Re: Any more talk of moe staying or going? 2 years 6 months ago #26058

• MJDinkins
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 938
dee wrote:
 Moe has declared that he wants to go into the draft. Is it possible for him to withdraw that declaration? If so up to what point can he do it?

Go back a few pages.

Re: Any more talk of moe staying or going? 2 years 6 months ago #26061

• Logen
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 364
Tom in Salem wrote:
qcredman wrote:
Tom in Salem wrote:
billthetruth wrote:
 I wish Moe the best, but he is making a bad decision. The draft will be loaded with similar type player, most of which can shoot better than him at this point.

I use the Ron Artest test here. Ron was a much more polished player and physically much more developed than Harkless. If Ron stayed 2 years, so should Harkless.

The NBA is full of guys that can offer the same things Harkless does.

Terrific post, but he's gone.
I don't know that he'll ever be the player Artest is/was.

That being the case as more and more players announce for the pros and Moe's draft status appears to descend lower and lower why would he - who appears to be such a bright young man - remain intransigent in regard to his decision?

I know that only Moe can answer this question but i can't help but wonder out loud about it.

He's 18 and has always wanted to play in the NBA.
Brian Scalabrine as been in the league forever.
It is what it is.
Wish him the best.

And Brian Scalabrine accomplished much more at the collegiate level than did Harkless.

Re: Any more talk of moe staying or going? 2 years 6 months ago #26063

• Tom in Salem
  • Thank you received: 746
Logen wrote:
Tom in Salem wrote:
qcredman wrote:
Tom in Salem wrote:
billthetruth wrote:
 I wish Moe the best, but he is making a bad decision. The draft will be loaded with similar type player, most of which can shoot better than him at this point.

I use the Ron Artest test here. Ron was a much more polished player and physically much more developed than Harkless. If Ron stayed 2 years, so should Harkless.

That being the case as more and more players announce for the pros and Moe's draft status appears to descend lower and lower why would he - who appears to be such a bright young man - remain intransigent in regard to his decision?

I know that only Moe can answer this question but i can't help but wonder out loud about it.

It is what it is.
Wish him the best.

And Brian Scalabrine accomplished much more at the collegiate level than did Harkless.

That's my point.
Scalabrine is a multi-millionaire who sucks.

Re: Any more talk of moe staying or going? 2 years 6 months ago #26073

• RM86
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
After watching Fla/ Louisville if Beal and Behanan applied they may also go before Moe. I know he's gone but wish he would keep options open, there are a lot of good underclassmen that may apply this year. 

Re: Any more talk of moe staying or going? 2 years 6 months ago #26097

• dee
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 79
 I think harkless made a mistake, he just doesnt have enough muscle on his body, his outside shot is suspect and he isnt the best at dribbling thru traffic. But as I have said, it is his decision and I am sure someone will take him probably late first round

Re: Any more talk of moe staying or going? 2 years 6 months ago #26113

• Logen
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 364
Tom in Salem wrote:
Logen wrote:
Tom in Salem wrote:
qcredman wrote:
Tom in Salem wrote:
billthetruth wrote:

It is what it is.
Wish him the best.

That's my point.
Scalabrine is a multi-millionaire who sucks.

Comical for someone who knows basketball; Scalabrine can shoot, is willing to practice hard and is always ready to play when called upon. Harkless has not exhibited a consistent shot even at the college level. That combined with a questionable handle and a curious penchant to disappear in games at all levels he played at makes his move very risky. When teams start to really look at him there is a lot to be concerned about; and that is not coming from me, some close friends who scout at the college level were shocked he came out. Doesn't make them right and I hope they are not but they know how the drafting game is played a lot better than I do. And frankly, no 10 year NBA players suck; if you think they do they are bringing something to the table beyond your understanding. Look at his last two teams, the Celts and Bulls are not franchises built on wasting roster spots on players who suck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Class of 72
Time to create page: 0.351 seconds