Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Nov 8, 2016 - The lesser of two evils?

Nov 8, 2016 - The lesser of two evils? 1 year 1 month ago #221743

• bamafan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1344
Np bombs, gunman dead. Arrested guy in Cali with an arsenal including chemicals headed for a LGBT event and he admitted to wanting to cause harm.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Nov 8, 2016 - The lesser of two evils? 1 year 1 month ago #221744

• mjmaherjr
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5827
bamafan wrote:
Np bombs, gunman dead. Arrested guy in Cali with an arsenal including chemicals headed for a LGBT event and he admitted to wanting to cause harm.
wow

Nov 8, 2016 - The lesser of two evils? 1 year 1 month ago #221745

• rawdognyc
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 563
I'm still confused how one person was able to cause so much carnage with just an automatic weapon and a handgun... Like obviously at a club there are bouncers and tons of people... How does one shoot over 100 people with no one jumping in... I mean you cant have your six covered if you're on your own. How does no one stop him when he first starts opening fire? You can't tell me 3 or 4 people can't come up behind him and subdue him... Granted I've never been and hope to never be in that situation.. If I am though, I'm going down fighting... My prayers to the family and survivors though of this tragedy
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by rawdognyc.

Nov 8, 2016 - The lesser of two evils? 1 year 1 month ago #221746

• TX Redman
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 739
mjmaherjr wrote:
forgive the ignorance but cnn is either blocked or not working here and no english channels and no fcebook, google etc. What happened in orlando recently ?

Hey, but at least you have Redmen.com - I mean, what more could you want?

Nov 8, 2016 - The lesser of two evils? 1 year 1 month ago #221747

• mjmaherjr
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5827
TX Redman wrote:
mjmaherjr wrote:
forgive the ignorance but cnn is either blocked or not working here and no english channels and no fcebook, google etc. What happened in orlando recently ?

Hey, but at least you have Redmen.com - I mean, what more could you want?

True. I suspect the reason why redmen.com isn't blocked here in China is that the chinese government thinks the redmen name is pro communist :)
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by mjmaherjr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TX Redman, L J S A

Nov 8, 2016 - The lesser of two evils? 1 year 1 month ago #221750

• Beast of the East
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5170
I'm in favor of an assault weapons ban, ban on sale of armor piercing and dum dum bullets. Ok, that will keep those weapons out of the hands of law abiding people, but what channels do criminals and terrorists use to purchase weapons?

Maybe we should have a prison outside of the United States where the FBI can incarcerate those with terrorist ties until they are fully vetted and deemed to be safe. If anything, once it is established they are dangerous, they can be used to swap for military deserters.

I am a little foolish when it comes to the fight on Islamic terror. I thought we had taken the fight to them, and once Saddam Hussein was deposed, for the remained of that war we fought terrorists. By the end of 2007, the military surge that our left wing politicians thought was a farce resulted in US forces securing 18 out of 22 provinces in Iraq. I have a coworker who did 3 tours of combat duty in Afghanistan and Iraq as a paratrooper. He said that taking Ramadi was a vicious dogfight that took a huge effort to secure. He expressed dismay that the current administration gave all their gains paid for in blood and loss of limbs was given up so easily when we failed to negotiate the transfer of security forces to Iraq. The "junior varsity" Isis spread like bacteria after you take half the dose of an antibiotic - a superinfection occurs. I don't know for the life of me how they were able to occupy and take over large chunks of Iraq and Syria without any US knowledge.

I don't know what kind of President Trump would make, but I do have a damned good idea of the kind of President Hillary Clinton would make. Elizabeth Warren delivered an enraged hormonal hate speech against Trump that claimed he took his father's millions and "cheated" people to gain his wealth. What then would she say about Clinton, who along with her husband made politics a business and have become mega millionaires in process?

Until we take the fight to Isis and destroy them in the middle east, those wooed by their sophisticated global recruitment techniques will join in their deranged lust for innocent blood. Again, I'm not sure what kind of President Trump would make, but I do know that we need a leader that will stand up for America - something Obama and Clinton failed miserably at.
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Monte, bobo, Logen

Nov 8, 2016 - The lesser of two evils? 1 year 1 month ago #221751

• frank61
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 498
rawdognyc wrote:
I'm still confused how one person was able to cause so much carnage with just an automatic weapon and a handgun... Like obviously at a club there are bouncers and tons of people... How does one shoot over 100 people with no one jumping in... I mean you cant have your six covered if you're on your own. How does no one stop him when he first starts opening fire? You can't tell me 3 or 4 people can't come up behind him and subdue him... Granted I've never been and hope to never be in that situation.. If I am though, I'm going down fighting... My prayers to the family and survivors though of this tragedy

Dog, It wasn't an automatic weapon. It was actually a semi-automatic and a 9mm handgun. Huge difference between an automatic and a semi-automatic. Actually automatic weapon sales in the US are illegal.
The Big East and NYC needs a strong SJU team!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beast of the East

Nov 8, 2016 - The lesser of two evils? 1 year 1 month ago #221752

• rawdognyc
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 563
frank61 wrote:
rawdognyc wrote:

Dog, It wasn't an automatic weapon. It was actually a semi-automatic and a 9mm handgun. Huge difference between an automatic and a semi-automatic. Actually automatic weapon sales in the US are illegal.

Thanks Frank! Yeah, I personally don't know much about guns. Never even held one. Aside from air soft and paint ball... I don't like guns, however I also believe that a law abiding citizen should have the right to own if they so choose. So I see with semi automatic, you have to keep pulling the trigger as opposed to just holding down with rapid fire. Which again makes me wonder even more how he could do that much damage without anyone doing anything. I guess there is confusion and stuff when it first starts happening... But idk...I mean over 100 wounded or killed by one guy with 2 guns? How many bullets in an Ar15 magazine? Typically what, 30? So that's reloading at least 4 times... Just doesn't add up... I don't know...I guess we'll hear stories from the survivors and get a better understanding of what transpired in the club

Nov 8, 2016 - The lesser of two evils? 1 year 1 month ago #221753

• Monte
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3726
ErickTheRed wrote:
Will the lbgt community protest local mosques like they do Catholic Churches? After all sharia law promotes the execution of homosexuals, but try to keep lbgt banners out of the St Patticks day parade and it's the end of the world.

It's called selective outrage. There's an awful lot of hypocrites out there.
Time to create page: 0.444 seconds