Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: USMNT - WC qualification

USMNT - WC qualification 1 year 6 months ago #216619

• TX Redman
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 740
www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-soccers-day-of-...guatemala-1459186740

I did not see the 2-0 loss to Guatemala but the repercussions could be huge. Must win game tomorrow night.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sirvoo

USMNT - WC qualification 1 year 6 months ago #216621

• cpavin
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 244
TX Redman wrote:

I did not see the 2-0 loss to Guatemala but the repercussions could be huge. Must win game tomorrow night.

It might be time to move on from Klinsmann.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sirvoo, Moose

USMNT - WC qualification 1 year 6 months ago #216654

• Moose
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2553
cpavin wrote:
TX Redman wrote:

Agree to an extent but then who?
Remember who broke the Slice news

USMNT - WC qualification 1 year 6 months ago #216667

• kranmars
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 1270
cpavin wrote:
TX Redman wrote:

Might be time? He should never have been allowed to coach this cycle.

Klinsmann is awful. His constantly changing lineups is beyond bizarre. It's as if he wakes up in the morning and picks random names and where to play them out of a hat.

But Sunil Gulati has such a blind man crush on Klinsmann that he can't see the USMT is in complete disarray. The program is embarrassing. I was very anti-Bradley. But I would take him back in a second. Klinsmann sucks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris7

USMNT - WC qualification 1 year 6 months ago #216681

• Chris7
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 206
kranmars wrote:
cpavin wrote:
TX Redman wrote:

Klinsmann is awful. His constantly changing lineups is beyond bizarre. It's as if he wakes up in the morning and picks random names and where to play them out of a hat.

But Sunil Gulati has such a blind man crush on Klinsmann that he can't see the USMT is in complete disarray. The program is embarrassing. I was very anti-Bradley. But I would take him back in a second. Klinsmann sucks.

I completely agree. Any other coach would have been fired months ago, why does this fraud get a super extended leash, what secrets does he have to hold over Sunil to keep his job? Enough is enough. This is disturbing and frankly I am losing interest in my own national team because Klinsmann is a classless, inept, bum. Kick him to the curb already. How many losses to third world countries does it take? He's ruined soccer in the US and is a filthy weasel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kranmars

USMNT - WC qualification 1 year 6 months ago #216704

• guinness77
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 341
I watched the game up until the 80th minute or so, had to go to bed, on a Spanish station too for God's sake, wasn't on any English speaking station and I have to agree with you guys, Klinnsmann's time might be done.

From his Gold Cup selections, to his inconsistent lineups, to his handling of Landon Donovan, etc etc, he has been a gigantic letdown. As a German and Spurs supporter, and a Bradley hater, I wanted this to work so bad, but they looked so non-cohesive as a unit, non-threatening to the Guatemalan goal, so out of sorts, that was my last straw. He claims he's gonna go with youth, and then sticks with the same old guys who just can't get it done. I'm over him at this point.

USMNT - WC qualification 1 year 6 months ago #216717

• cpavin
  • Expert Boarder
Moose wrote:
cpavin wrote:
TX Redman wrote:

Agree to an extent but then who?

How about bring in Wenger. Not necessarily to coach USMNT but how about.overseeing the youth Academy system. We have so amazing athletes in the country we just need a better development system at the grassroots. And who is better at developing talent then Wenger?

USMNT - WC qualification 1 year 6 months ago #216718

• cpavin
  • Expert Boarder
kranmars wrote:
cpavin wrote:
TX Redman wrote:

The bottom line is that JK isn't a very good coach but he is an amazing recruiter. Personally I think it only temporarily helps when you bring in the overseas talent like Julian Green, Fabian Johnson, Brooks, Mix etc. We need more players developed here. We need more Christian Pulisic's, Jordan Morris, Yedlin etc. We need to develop a system from the youth level on up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew2

USMNT - WC qualification 1 year 6 months ago #216764

I'm against giving any coach a second cycle, players tend to get comfortable and managers seem to be less effective in the 2nd 4 years. Anything less than a win tonight and he has to be gone, if he's not then Sunil has to go. I still think we can benifit from a European manager but clearly JK was not the correct one in any way shape or form and I imagine it will be a long time before we get another Euro manager after this.
Golden St Johnnie or East River Warrior
Time to create page: 0.316 seconds