Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: World Cup Question

World Cup Question 1 week 18 hours ago #285102

• OhioFan
  • Thank you received: 43
Mike, I have no response on my soccer board. Apparently they don't know any more than you do, probably because it is in Russia. Sorry.

Gegriaßt seisd Du, Maria
voi da Gnadn
da Herr is mid Dia
Du bist gebenedeit unta de Weiba
und gebenedeit is de Frucht vo dem Leib, da Jesus.
Heilige Maria, Mutta Gottes
bitt' füa uns Sinda, ietzt
und in da Stund unsas Douds. Amen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjmaherjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gegriaßt seisd Du, Maria
voi da Gnadn
da Herr is mid Dia
Du bist gebenedeit unta de Weiba
und gebenedeit is de Frucht vo dem Leib, da Jesus.
Heilige Maria, Mutta Gottes
bitt' füa uns Sinda, ietzt
und in da Stund unsas Douds. Amen.

World Cup Question 1 week 15 hours ago #285121

• TX Redman
  • Thank you received: 11
I was lucky enough to see some games here in 1994.

After watching McMafia, I have ruled out going to Russia in the near future. That and Putin.

World Cup Question 1 week 13 hours ago #285124

• mjmaherjr
  • mjmaherjr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1024

OhioFan wrote: Mike, I have no response on my soccer board. Apparently they don't know any more than you do, probably because it is in Russia. Sorry.

Ok thanks. The more I read the less likely I'm willing to chance a third party reseller even like stub hub. I'm reading stories on trip advisor of people buying on stubhub but not getting the code yet to get the fifa issued ID that you need in conjunction with the ticket to get in the Arena. I'll keep checking the fifa website to see if they release any more tix

World Cup Question 1 week 13 hours ago #285125

• mjmaherjr

TX Redman wrote: I was lucky enough to see some games here in 1994.

After watching McMafia, I have ruled out going to Russia in the near future. That and Putin.

That's another hesitation of mine. If we were able to do a tour in rest of Russia after the game in Sochi where I know there is a company responsible for us I wouldn't care as much but not crazy about the idea of winging it although if somehow we got legit tix for the Peru game in Sochi I'd be willing to take a chance

Last edit: by mjmaherjr.

World Cup Question 6 days 23 hours ago #285156

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 1022

mjmaherjr wrote:

That's another hesitation of mine. If we were able to do a tour in rest of Russia after the game in Sochi where I know there is a company responsible for us I wouldn't care as much but not crazy about the idea of winging it although if somehow we got legit tix for the Peru game in Sochi I'd be willing to take a chance

No offense Mike but neither Russia nor Qatar deserve to host the World Cup. Both of their federations are corrupt to the core.

At St. John's nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose, TX Redman

At St. John's nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

World Cup Question 6 days 19 hours ago #285188

• mjmaherjr

Class of 72 wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

No offense Mike but neither Russia nor Qatar deserve to host the World Cup. Both of their federations are corrupt to the core.

I hear you. Basically was just considering this because this is Peru's first time making the world cup in something like 36 years so it' a huge deal in Peru. Might just fly down to Peru instead and watch the 2nd and third games there and tie in a side trip somewhere like the Amazon or something because still cant get tix on the Fifa website

World Cup Question 6 days 18 hours ago #285193

• bamafan
  • Thank you received: 319

mjmaherjr wrote:

Class of 72 wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

I hear you. Basically was just considering this because this is Peru's first time making the world cup in something like 36 years so it' a huge deal in Peru. Might just fly down to Peru instead and watch the 2nd and third games there and tie in a side trip somewhere like the Amazon or something because still cant get tix on the Fifa website

But what about Saratoga? ;) :)

World Cup Question 6 days 18 hours ago #285194

• Class of 72
  • Thank you received: 1022

mjmaherjr wrote:

Class of 72 wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

That sounds like a better option. Ironically, the Peruvian national team of my youth in the 70's was a world power. Their greatest player, Teófilo Cubillas, affectionately known as Nene in Peru, played many years in the NASL in Florida. Sae him play a few times against the Cosmos.

World Cup Question 6 days 18 hours ago #285195

• mjmaherjr

bamafan wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

Class of 72 wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

But what about Saratoga? ;) :)

Haaaa that's august. I can fit that in between this and if we go to Oktoberfest in Munich :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bamafan

World Cup Question 6 days 18 hours ago #285197

• mjmaherjr

Class of 72 wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

Class of 72 wrote:

mjmaherjr wrote:

That sounds like a better option. Ironically, the Peruvian national team of my youth in the 70's was a world power. Their greatest player, Teófilo Cubillas, affectionately known as Nene in Peru, played many years in the NASL in Florida. Sae him play a few times against the Cosmos.

He is still a hero in Peru. Actually Nathalie showed me a documentary a few months ago about him. I think he lives in Florida now or he did at the time ( it was an older documentary )

I have my Guerrero Jersey or Kit or whatever you call it. Hoping they get past the first 3 games because then they'd play the 30th or 31st and it will be insane down there. Heck the entire country is going to pretty much stop during the first 3 games
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Class of 72

Moderators: espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsmkras99OhioFanotisredmannorthSJUFAN2