Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Boubacar Diakite, SF, OSNA, LI (SJU Verbal)

Boubacar Diakite, SF, OSNA, LI 1 year 11 months ago #196621

• Paultzman
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16369
@ASlater247: 6'7" Boubacar Diakite'18 now has UConn, St.John's, Wake Forest, Pitt & Seton Hall interest t.co/9orbUHXsfB t.co/IGKTy9ZgM9
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Happy

Boubacar Diakite, SF, OSNA, LI 1 year 11 months ago #196648

• Paultzman
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
I From Savior New American on Long Island, the 6'8" Diakite has seen his game improve substantially over the past few months. A year ago, he was simply a tall kid with a good motor. He now has a significantly improved form, skill set, and physique. Diakite has the strength to play through contact and seeks it out. He has developed both low-post skills and an ability to knock down a mid-range jumper with space. He's become a very good rebounder for his size on both ends of the court.

The Mali native is an above-average shot blocker and better on-the-ball defender, where he utilizes his length and athleticism. Diakite, who models his game from former teammate and McDonald's All-American Cheick Diallo is a very good competitor, who frequently out-hustled his defender down the court in transition. Diakite was a willing passer from the high-post. While his back-to-the-basket game is still very rudimentary, the trajectory since hiring new assistant coach David Hanson has been significant.

If Diakite grows two more inches, he projects as a potential face-up four man. If he stays the same size, he'll need to develop his perimeter skills substantially. He's received interest from UConn, St. John's, Pitt, Seton Hall, and Wake Forest.

@ASlater247: A Dozen Standouts From #PangosAllEast Camp: t.co/3dWNhsxxLP t.co/3i4QrkoYx9
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Paultzman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Happy, JackofVirginia, frank61, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

Boubacar Diakite, SF, OSNA, LI 1 year 8 months ago #210603

• Paultzman
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
– ‏@ASlater247

St.John's has offered 6'8" Boubacar Diakite'18 of Our Savior New American & @PSACardinals 247sports.com/Player/Boubacar-Diakite-86971
The following user(s) said Thank You: Happy, frank61, Sherman, Sheridan & Grant

Boubacar Diakite, SF, OSNA, LI 1 year 8 months ago #210613

• Happy
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 997
Paultzman wrote:
– ‏@ASlater247

St.John's has offered 6'8" Boubacar Diakite'18 of Our Savior New American & @PSACardinals 247sports.com/Player/Boubacar-Diakite-86971

Smart offer..really good already and is a great kid .
The following user(s) said Thank You: redmannorth, Paultzman, mjmaherjr, JackofVirginia, frank61, capmaker, Tom in Salem, JohnnyFan

Boubacar Diakite, SF, OSNA, LI 1 year 8 months ago #210614

• mjmaherjr
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6009
Matt A will need to start booking flights to Mali because it seems like they have had some pretty good prospects come from there
The following user(s) said Thank You: Happy, Paultzman

Boubacar Diakite, SF, OSNA, LI 1 year 8 months ago #210615

• L J S A
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2365
mjmaherjr wrote:
Matt A will need to start booking flights to Mali because it seems like they have had some pretty good prospects come from there

I'd like to see Mali kids go to a different school because I'm not sure OSNA gets the most out of them. Every year they have a ton of big D-1 kids, and still lose way more than a good team should.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Happy, Paultzman

Boubacar Diakite, SF, OSNA, LI 1 year 8 months ago #210616

• Paultzman
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
mjmaherjr wrote:
And same advisor. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Happy, mjmaherjr

Boubacar Diakite, SF, OSNA, LI 1 year 8 months ago #210617

• mjmaherjr
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6009
L J S A wrote:
mjmaherjr wrote:

I'd like to see Mali kids go to a different school because I'm not sure OSNA gets the most out of them. Every year they have a ton of big D-1 kids, and still lose way more than a good team should.

Interesting. I always read about the kids from OSNA but I don't think once I've even bothered to look or ask what their record was at any point. I always assumed they had great record. Didn't realize they lost a decent amount
The following user(s) said Thank You: Happy

Boubacar Diakite, SF, OSNA, LI 1 year 8 months ago #210619

• SJU14
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 708
mjmaherjr wrote:
L J S A wrote:
mjmaherjr wrote:

Interesting. I always read about the kids from OSNA but I don't think once I've even bothered to look or ask what their record was at any point. I always assumed they had great record. Didn't realize they lost a decent amount

And every kid that comes out of there with the same issue, no refined offensive game (and definitely no jump shot).

It most likely has to do with the fact that most of these kids don't start playing basketball until much later than most kids. OSNA has been a good pipeline for these kids though, as they are given a chance here that they wouldn't be able to get in Mali.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Happy, redmannorth, Paultzman, mjmaherjr, Tom in Salem, L J S A
Time to create page: 0.335 seconds