1. Steve Knortz
  2. RedmenTalk
  3. Tuesday, 26 December 2017
  4.  Subscribe via email
2017-18 Transfers:

Typically, the Christmas seasons has the SJU Nation scouring various lists of transfers. This year is different. We have no available scholarships. NONE!!! Still worried that the UConn poaching/coaching staff will be dropping by soon.

If you're always looking, here is one list with some interesting names.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/2018. Not sure when this list was last updated, but rest assured, there will be many more names added over the next two months.
Add a reply
Paultzman Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
curious why you feel that way? he got offer from Duke and jumped on it. Cant blame him. Although if Ponds and LoVett stay, with our incoming class, I see him as having to fight to start on next years team too. Although he'd get minutes, I still don't see him starting

Have seen him & just don't think he commits to defending, is soft & not worth drama. Moot point since Georgetown appears likely.
Votes
Undo
Paultz, curious, do you see Trimble back? Aside from all the speculation on Ponds and LoVett ( which i think they both need to come back) I only see Trimble as a guy who is a candidate to transfer.

Too early to guess. In this transfer happy era, I would assume SJU, like most programs, will have some roster movement. Getting a transfer in Dixon & early commitment from Williams may indicate staff was protecting flanks anticipating possible departure of a guard to play for pay, probably LoVett in my opinion. They could then look at Spring player availability pool. That said, long way to go & any roster movement will obviously effect Trimble's view of his PT next year. For now, let's enjoy the season.
SJU14 Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Former target Jordan Tucker transferring after just one semester at Duke. Hmmm.....
richard A Steinfeld Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Clark could play the 3. . If we don’t loose Ponds, Dixon is a great shooter and we can play a 3 guard lineup. I’m going to to assume Lovett will not be back. The loss of Wilson was a real bummer, could have used him yesterday . If we can hold onto Ponds , we are going to be talented and have a lot of depth next year. We also have good balance w the classes.Rebuilding takes time. Hopefully we will be in the reload mode starting next year. Tucker would be eligible 2nd semester.
Knight Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
We did not lose this game because of Trimble or AA.
NCJohnnie Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
We did not lose this game because of Trimble or AA.

And we sure didn't lose it because of Yakwe. Bench was not the problem today.
Votes
Undo
So long as they are confident next year can be much better than this one, I think everyone who can be back is back. A good finish would go a long way in that regard.

Sorry, when I referenced everyone who can be back returning in my prior post, I was forgetting that Lovett could return - did not mean to include him in that reference.

Book LoVett departing. Lastly, just my gut, but fully expect Roberts, Brooks & Williams to be on board next season. Even if a player facing limited PT departs that will have no impact. Keep the core intact, especially Ponds, and the ball will be squarely in staff's court to get solid results. If not, ...
redmannorth Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Former target Jordan Tucker transferring after just one semester at Duke. Hmmm.....

Very interesting to say the least.
Votes
Undo

No thanks

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.