Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Yakwe Transferring

Yakwe Transferring 1 week 1 day ago #281299

  • Beast of the East
  • Beast of the East's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 9020
  • Karma: -15
  • Thank you received: 369

dee wrote: I liked him and he was a good person and I also wish him well. I think the staff gave up on him and did not develop his skills. Plus I think they lost all faith in him when he committed that foul at Georgetown that eventually led to a big comeback by the Hoyas and a loss in a game we seemingly had won


I think the worst thing the staff did was to tell him.to commit a 3 shot foul vs. Georgetown. Boeheim always gives a 2 shot foul when up by 3 and seconds left. Guess telling him to foul was a bad idea

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yakwe Transferring 6 days 22 hours ago #281437

  • SJU14
  • SJU14's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1308
  • Thank you received: 70
Committed to UCONN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yakwe Transferring 6 days 21 hours ago #281441

  • 88grad
  • 88grad's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 660
  • Karma: 3
  • Thank you received: 35

SJU14 wrote: Committed to UCONN


I wish him the best of luck but it's going to be hard to root for him since he will be playing for a program i detest....
The following user(s) said Thank You: jetstorm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yakwe Transferring 6 days 21 hours ago #281442

  • RedmanMike
  • RedmanMike's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 81
  • Thank you received: 10
I think he should have gone a level lower - MAAC or America East. I doubt he'll be a significant contributor at UConn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yakwe Transferring 6 days 21 hours ago #281444

  • Section9
  • Section9's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 1228
  • Thank you received: 28

RedmanMike wrote: I think he should have gone a level lower - MAAC or America East. I doubt he'll be a significant contributor at UConn.


Practically their whole team is being revamped, he'll have plenty of opportunity to prove himself and Hurley is going to be pushing him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yakwe Transferring 6 days 21 hours ago #281447

  • Chris7
  • Chris7's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 586
  • Thank you received: 0

Section9 wrote:

RedmanMike wrote: I think he should have gone a level lower - MAAC or America East. I doubt he'll be a significant contributor at UConn.


Practically their whole team is being revamped, he'll have plenty of opportunity to prove himself and Hurley is going to be pushing him.


This is 100% spot on. Yakwe will have a tremendous amount of playing time. Look at Antoine Anderson who transferred there from Fordham last year. He was an okay A-10 player but received a tremendous amount of pt this past year. Wise choice for Yakwe to get some exposure if you ask me. (Not that he is an NBA player at all, but perhaps for other leagues).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yakwe Transferring 6 days 21 hours ago #281449

  • Paultzman
  • Paultzman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Posts: 17287
  • Karma: 9
  • Thank you received: 1951
Yakwe read the tea leaves here with maximum pine time last season. Why not stay relatively local, play for a good coach and roll the dice at high D1 level? No worse than staying here where he was not getting PT.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yakwe Transferring 6 days 21 hours ago #281450

  • Paul Massell
  • Paul Massell's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3805
  • Karma: 21
  • Thank you received: 276

Paultzman wrote: Yakwe read the tea leaves here with maximum pine time last season. Why not stay relatively local, play for a good coach and roll the dice at high D1 level? No worse than staying here where he was not getting PT.


Honestly I would wish him well anywhere but yukon. I hope that I am not the only one that gets a little nauseous seeing this.

“Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.”
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paultzman, Tom in Salem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

“Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.”

Yakwe Transferring 6 days 20 hours ago #281454

  • PharmaJohnny
  • PharmaJohnny's Avatar
  • Away
  • Posts: 52
  • Karma: 1
  • Thank you received: 15

Paul Massell wrote:

Paultzman wrote: Yakwe read the tea leaves here with maximum pine time last season. Why not stay relatively local, play for a good coach and roll the dice at high D1 level? No worse than staying here where he was not getting PT.


Honestly I would wish him well anywhere but yukon. I hope that I am not the only one that gets a little nauseous seeing this.



Extraordinarily nauseous. I would have preferred to see him in anything but that uniform. Anything. Ugh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yakwe Transferring 6 days 20 hours ago #281455

  • simplyred
  • simplyred's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2620
  • Karma: -1
  • Thank you received: 23

SJU14 wrote: Committed to UCONN


I don’t know why, but I saw this coming. I think he will be a solid contributor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyFan, NCJohnnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mkras99SJUFAN2espkengmanlawmanfankranmarsOhioFanotisredmannorth